Well, it's fall again, isn't it? The time of year when the air gets cold, when winter starts to come and when I actually provide the internet with updates on my life.
My older niece started school this fall. I was talking to my mother about it and she was expressing her sadness that Esther would not provide to her any concrete information about what it is that she did in school.
"We ask her what she does, and she just says 'nothing'," my mother said. "But 'nothing' isn't good enough. We want details. We want to know what happened!"
It's so true, we all do want to know what happened. Then, my sister (who I don't talk to very often) came to visit.
"Elspeth," she said. "So how are things going?"
And I got a big old blank.
It's hard to sum up the whole of your last 4 months in a pithy sentence or two. It would be way easier if I provided little updates more regularly.
What I should have said to my sister (except for the parts about my nieces, which she knows better than me!):
1. I'm still working at the same job as I was before. I'm enjoying it and I'm looking around to see if I can find another job.
2. Adrienne is no longer having a difficult time, because she is working someplace other than where she was having difficulties.
3. I have a new niece, who I'll call Victoria.
4. Last week, I babysat my two nieces. It was eye-opening how difficult it is to deal with two kids at once!
5. My primary obsession at the moment is stocks and investing.
6. I paid off my mortgage in May 2013. It is only starting to sink in now, and it makes me really happy.
7. I am planning to take a celebratory trip this fall, visiting London (England).
8. I had a busy summer of trips - I visited France and California for a family reunion and a wedding.
9. I am trying to get in shape so that I can do a good cosplay within the next year.
10. I was thinking of doing a whole bunch of activities to get in shape, one each night four nights of the week. I got through day one and was too exhausted to continue. It's an uphill climb!